Me

Me

Monday, August 30, 2010

Neighborhood Walk

My neighborhood is an easy one.  Nature is everywhere.  I am staying in a small town in Northern New Mexico with mountains surrounding the town. 


        
This is the condo we are renting while in New Mexico. The designer used native plants and gravels to minmize impact on the environment.  The thick adobe walls and tile floors allow us to stay cool with no air conditioning, and the radiant heated floors keep us warm by recycling the waste water from our showers and sinks.  It's great. 


Our courtyard is filled with trees and rocks to create a natural-like drainage.


The Santa Fe Mountains lie to the South.

The District Attorney's office obstructs the view of the Picuris Mountains to the east.



Late summer flowers are common here. These grow wild and just began to bloom. It's sad that they won't last long.


These flowers, native transplants, just began to bloom as well, but theses are cultivated.


 
I truly enjoyed my walk. The nature around here is amazing.  I hike a lot just outside of town, but I don't spend that much time out in the neighborhood. It was nice to see the nature is even closer than I thought in many places besides just the views.


No comments:

Post a Comment